Clinical Research Monitoring Specialist
Job Posting Number: 28274
New York, NY
January 8, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Monitoring Specialist to join our Clinical Research Monitor Team.
- Participate in and support the daily operations of our centralized Clinical Research Monitoring Program.
- Conduct all types of Monitoring Visits based on relevant CR experience, comprehensive understanding of all federal regulatory requirements and ICH (International Center for Harmonization) guidance on Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Ensure that participants/patients are treated in accordance with the protocols
- Conduct real-time eligibility verification of participants/patients enrolled in MSK clinical trials through CTMS (Clinical Trials Management System).
- Support data management needs of the CR Monitor Team
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of clinical research experience (preferred), or a high school diploma with 5 years of relevant experience, specifically in a Quality Assurance (Audit/Monitor) space
- Human Subjects Protection Certification, GCP Certification, GMP Knowledge, FDA/EMA requirements, Quality Standards and Systems experience.
- Federal Regulations: Must have an advanced comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations pertaining to human research protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.