Patient Care Technician, Part-Time – Basking Ridge, NJ
Job Posting Number: 28082
Basking Ridge, NJ
January 8, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a skilled Patient Care Technician to join our company of dedicated professionals. As a part of the Magnet- designated Nursing team, you will provide essential support to the nursing staff at MSK, while working to ensure comfort for our patients. This is your opportunity to find meaningful work where everyone plays an important role in improving the overall patient experience.
We want you to join the fight to conquer cancer.
- Go above and beyond to assist our patients in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Handle acutely ill patients in `stressful situations with grace
- Be responsible for taking patient vital signs, Phlebotomy, EKGs, and specimen collections
- Collaborate with the clinical team, providing assistance with procedures where needed
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse
- Utilize basic computer and data entry skills
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing your conversations based on that understanding
- Excited to work as part of a care-giving, patient-centered team, capable of building strong relationships and delivering patient-centric solutions
- A problem-solver, eager to take initiative in new situations and tackle tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared goals and objectives
- A quick learner, with the ability to apply insights from past efforts to new situations
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A High School diploma or equivalent education
- At least 1 year of patient care and venipuncture experience (required)
- 5 years of patient care, customer service and leadership experience (preferred)
- Certification from an accredited Nursing Assistant or comparable training program (required)
- Part-time hours: 8 hour shifts flexible between 7am and 8pm Monday through Friday.
- Basking Ridge, NJ
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.