Logistics Associate – Monmouth, NJ
Job Posting Number: 27745
January 3, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Supply Ordering – take inventory and order supplies to maintain par levels in all assigned supply areas per established schedule:
- Counts supplies in assigned supply areas, item by item, and notes quantities needed to bring items up to par level.
- Orders additional supplies as requested by outpatient leadership team.
- Anticipates and avoids problems/issues by ordering out of stock and depleted items as soon as possible.
- Identify overstocked items and return them to the Off-Site Distribution Center for credit.
- Identify fast moving items and monitor them closely.
- Supply Distribution – Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location per department guidelines within established time frames.
- Check all orders received from Dispatch room for accuracy
- Distribute items and stores in appropriate location according to item; follows established priority in the delivery and storage of items.
- Distribute items and patient charge items by 11AM daily.
- Facility Maintenance & Operation – Assist with the overall maintenance of the facility. Ensure that all areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner that is consistent with the standards of the facility and institution.
- Participate in regular environment rounds of each suite/service to ensure that the physical appearance and safety of the environment are being maintained in accordance with Institutional standards.
- Update facility log of pending and completed tasks
- Equipment Maintenance – ensure availability of operational equipment in all outpatient areas
- Ensure availability of equipment required to carry out area’s operations by adequately assessing and appropriately meeting needs within fiscal guidelines.
- Meet with clinical and admin staff to ascertain needs for medical equipment
- Facilitate timely repair of scopes; follow Institutional repair/return processes and maintains up to date documentation.
At least 1 year of relevant experience
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Able to walk and push heavy carts
Standing for long periods of time
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 2 PM – 10 PM ; Friday 2 PM – 8 PM ; Saturday 8 AM – 6 PM
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.