Job Posting Number: 27738
New York, NY
January 3, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Surgical Technologist to join our team at Memorial Sloan Kettering. In this position you will work in direct collaboration with the Registered Nurse and physician to meet unit and patient needs by performing patient care activities. The Surgical Technologist functions as an integral member of the health care team by contributing to the efficient operation of the unit.
Are you ready to find your life’s calling?
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow
- A dedicated member of the team with an excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Someone who doesn’t shy away from difficult situations or people, saying what needs to be said
- Offer comprehensive technical assistance during routine and complex procedures
- Prepare equipment, supplies, and surgical environment efficiently meeting all expectations and requirements
- Performs circulating activities under the direction of the assigned RN circulator in multi-specialty cases (when performing multiple procedures)
- Provide training and orientation for new team members
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program and national certification (NBSTSA)
- Two (2) years of experience as a Surgical Technologist. (preferred)
- Superb communication skills and a high standard of integrity
- A passion for healthcare and the ability to assist on multiple complex OR and services
- Fulltime hours: 10 hour shifts flexible between 7:00am and 11:30pm with Saturday rotation.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.