Clinical Nurse – Interventional Radiology
Job Posting Number: 27300
New York, NY
January 2, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are looking for an Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse to join our peri-operative team. This nurse will join a dedicated team that is responsible for minimally invasive procedures, acting as a patient liaison through the pre-op area, hemodynamic monitoring of the patients, and assisting with the center for image guided interventions (CIGI). Would you like to be part of our dynamic Nursing team? If so, apply today.
We here at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center believe in providing extraordinary service to our patients. Listed as a top rated cancer research hospital on U.S World and News, we take pride in our ability to deliver quality care in the highest degree of excellence.
Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse.
Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- A communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- An effective communicator
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Cross train to all three IR areas including:
- A 10-bed pre-op unit, managing pre-procedure work-up for patients on the day of their procedure
- The IR procedure rooms, administering moderate sedation and hemodynamically monitoring patients
- The CIGI (Center of Imaged Guided Interventions), where the RN circulates in procedure rooms to support patients undergoing IR procedures
- At least 2 years of med surg, ICU, ER or other acute care experience in an acute care setting with telemetry as a strong skills-set.
- A current NYS RN license
- Bachelor’s of Nursing (BSN)
10 hour shifts: 6:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m. with a varied work schedule, including weekend rotation, holiday and on-call required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.