Clinical Trials Nurse – Monmouth
Job Posting Number: 27863
December 19, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Trials Nurse- Monmouth, New Jersey, ( Ambulatory Outpatient site)
Hours: Fulltime 10 hour shifts, Monday – Friday.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Nursing at MSKCC
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintains high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Facilitate accrual of appropriate patients to clinical trials.
- Coordinate patient care activities and participate in the conduct of studies for patients enrolled in clinical trials for multiple services including medicine and radiation oncology.
- Educate those patients and their families regarding clinical trials in general and the specifics of the proposed clinical trial.
- Provide as an integral member of the clinical research team to research study participants direct nursing care, patient and study assessments, education and patient/ family support.
- Collaborate with principal investigator to review new protocols from a nursing perspective, and participate in multidisciplinary discussion for approval.
- Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional and external agencies.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of treatment on protocol and follow-up.
- New Jersey State and New York RN license required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Three years clinical Nursing experience
- 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience required
- Clinical research nursing experience preferred but not necessary
- Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
This opportunity requires travel to MSKCC’s Manhattan campus and to other MSKCC regional sites for scheduled meetings and training.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.