Gift Shop Associate, F&N
Job Posting Number: 27339
New York, NY
January 9, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a hardworking, engaging and enthusiastic individual?
Do you want to be a part of positively impacting the day of many patients?
We are hiring a Gift Shop Associate to work at 1275 York Ave.
We want to bring on phenomenal talent who show a dedication to hospitality and above and beyond communication at all times. You will perform a variety of functions to ensure exemplary service to patients, staff, and visitors in the hospital.
- Set up, maintain, and break down Gift Shop unit including equipment, merchandise, utensils, supplies, and food items, so that unit is ready for optimal Retail Services.
- Prepare and merchandise approved food items to patrons adhering to established departmental and unit guidelines.
- Transact Gift Shop purchases utilizing cash register.
- Follows established safety precautions and sanitation procedures.
- Committed to productivity
- Motivated to provide extraordinary customer service
- Eager to take action and pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with shown success in making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous customer service experience in a retail/hospitality setting
You must be flexible to work 37.5 hours (5 shifts per week) including weekends, within the Gift Shop open hours:
- Monday to Friday, 6:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.