Care Coordinator I, Integrative Medicine
Job Posting Number: 27320
New York, NY
December 5, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Start your career at Memorial Sloan Kettering and you’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Care Coordinator I, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer. Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of others? This is a life’s calling.
The Care Coordinator within the Department of Integrative Medicine will ensure that all aspects of clients’ visits are successful through accurate registration, proper screening and scheduling, capture of relevant financial information, communication of necessary appointment information, and courteous and informative interactions. At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we believe in caring for the whole person — not just the disease or symptom. Integrative medicine weaves natural treatments such as acupuncture, massage, and yoga into a patient’s overall care plan. All of our holistic health services and programs are based on the latest scientific evidence.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Passionate about working in a healthcare setting and committed to delivering a best-in-class patient experience
- Greet all clients and politely offer assistance.
- Direct the patients to their next location and inform them of what to expect.
- Provide patients with information on approximate waiting times and takes appropriate action accordingly. Communicate any delays or schedule changes to clients.
- Explain all center policies pertraining to payment for services, cancelations, and class attendance.
- Receive incoming calls from prospective clients, screen for appropriate service, refer to other MSKCC facilities when appropriate; schedule visit on-line in information systems.
- Communicate and resolve client inquiries via the Patient Portal in a timely manner.
- Print, compile, and distribute necessary forms needed for each session, including schedules.
- Collect patient forms and prepares chart for clinical staff.
- Communicate all financial policies to clients and notes specifics in information systems. Work with supervisor to resolve payment questions, complaints and requests for financial evaluations.
- Counsel clients on payment policy based upon given financial information.
- Collect all money relative to services handles safely and accurately. Provide receipts for all transactions and keeps copies for Center files.
- Reconcile all transactions at end of day and prepares deposit slip for bank deposit. Accurately record all deposit information and reports all discrepancies to Supervisor.
- An associate’s or 2 years college (required); bachelor’s degree (preferred). A high school diploma/GED and 2 years relevant experience (frontline, patient-facing role in healthcare) in lieu of the associate’s degree.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to provide at least a 2 year commitment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Experience working with patients is a plus.
Hours vary between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm on Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays. Flexibility between shifts is expected.
In order to be considered for the Care Coordinator position, you are required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. During the application process for this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment, which will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Some of the questions in the assessment may refer to your past jobs or work experiences. If a question does not appear to apply to you exactly, consider the general intent and answer it as accurately as possible. For example, if you have not yet been formally employed in a full time job, consider part-time jobs you have had, or relevant work experiences you may have had in school, volunteer, or community organizations when answering these questions
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.