Director of Radiology, MSK Koch Center
Job Posting Number: 27358
New York, NY
November 29, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) seeks a Director of Radiology at its new state-of-the-art cancer treatment center in Manhattan’s Upper East Side (74th St – David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care). This facility will offer the highest standards of comprehensive cancer care delivered by MSK oncologists, in an environment designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families. Imaging services offered will include CT, MRI, PET/CT, US, radiography, and interventional radiology.
The candidate should be fellowship-trained and board-certified in diagnostic radiology, with additional qualification/board certification in Nuclear Medicine. In addition to supervising clinical service and clinical research activities at the site, the Director will be involved in staff recruitment, retention, mentoring, and education. The candidate should have excellent clinical skills (particularly in oncologic imaging), clinical research experience, and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must be eligible for medical licensure in New York, board-certified in Radiology, and otherwise qualified for an appointment to the MSK faculty.
Clinical appointments will be made within MSK, and academic appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Eligibility for appointment at the rank of Associate Attending or Attending is preferred. MSK offers competitive salary and benefits.
The specific responsibilities of the Director include:
- Ensuring that that outstanding radiology care, consistent with the Departmental and Center’s Disease Management standards and guidelines, is provided by the 74th St radiology team
- Collaborating with peers and leaders in the Department of Radiology to integrate clinical care
- Working closely with MSK peers and colleagues outside the Department of Radiology to assure excellent, patient-centered care at MSKCC at 74th St
- Collaborating effectively with onsite nursing and administrative leaders to ensure efficiency and optimize patient care
- Working at other MSK in sites in Manhattan as needed (68th St main campus, 66th St, 53rd St), to enhance collaboration and consensus.
- Helping to lead a smooth start-up for MSK at 74th St
- Understanding and embracing the Center’s plan for extending clinical research at 74th St and other sites
- Enhancing clinical research activities of the Department of Radiology at MSKCC at 74th St, assuring robust accrual to protocol studies
- Participating in teaching fellows and residents at MSK Manhattan Campus
Faculty management and development:
- Assist in recruiting new faculty members as needed to support growth of the 74th St Radiology team
- Mentoring of faculty members
- Cultivating strong morale by engaging members of the Radiology team, while fostering a sense of unity and shared vision of excellence in patient care, research and education
- Modeling and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintaining an effective learning environment within the Radiology team
- Evaluating the professional competence and performance of faculty members, in concert with the Service Chiefs
- Strong track record of superior clinical service and academic appointments
- Eligible for Medical licensure in New York
- Board certified in Radiology and added qualification/board in Nuclear Medicine
- Qualified for appointment as a faculty member in the MSKCC Department of Radiology
- Outstanding professional skills and reputation: Possess and model excellence in clinical service, education and research
- Interpersonal effectiveness and influence: Possess the ability to motivate and empower others.
- Resilient and inspirational leadership: Inspire confidence and foster performance excellence. Generate energy and translate personal commitment to the Center.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Action oriented and step up to conflicts
- Make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and bibliography as uploads through this application process.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.