Systems Analyst Sr
Job Posting Number: 26848
New York, NY
January 8, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Sr. Applications Analyst on the CIS Orders Team to manage the Allscripts’ Sunrise Clinical Manager (known internally as Clinical Information System/CIS) implementations, ongoing maintenance, upgrades, enhancements, interfaces and integration with existing and new systems. Work collaboratively with the CIS Project Managers, CIS Managers, Information Systems and various Ancillary Department Managers to assure a successful implementation of CIS including but not limited to Order Entry/Order Results, Clinical Documentation and Clinical Decision Support. The Sr. Applications Analyst supports CIS operations and leads inter-departmental teams in the implementation of system enhancements, changes and fixes, including documentation of functional design specifications, system configuration and testing.
- Collaborate with MSKCC leadership, clinicians and information systems staff, to implement new CIS functionality to support clinical and operational workflows
- Be responsible for CIS Orders Team activities related to design, implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Be responsible for all areas relating to CIS orders (building, modifying, testing, implementing etc)
- Work autonomously to manage assigned projects that involve working with both ancillary departments and multidisciplinary groups within CIS and across clinical departments
- Guide the analysis and design of data requirements, interface specifications within CIS to meet enterprise needs
- Facilitate meetings to review and update users on new functionality and create training documentation and detailed workflows
- Provide daily support and off hours on call support for CIS functionality
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Computer Science (or equivalent experience); Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
- HL7 knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience with Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM) configuration is a plus
- Experience in performing clinical system implementations or equivalent
- 1 year experience in managing projects
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.