Donor Services Specialist
Job Posting Number: 26552
New York, NY
November 9, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK’s Donor Relations Department is seeking a Donor Services Specialist to serve as a representative of the Donor Services and Records Management unit within the Gift Administration and Donor Services (GADS) group in the Development Department. The Specialist will respond to donor inquiries and complaints over the telephone, email correspondence, and in formal, written correspondence. This position will also serve as a backup for the Records Management Specialist position within the group preparing and verifying reports documenting GADS activity both for internal Development Department use and for use by the Finance Department.
- Provide guidance and support on complex donor telephone calls.
- Provide excellent customer service, information, resolve problems, answer questions and requests made by donors who call into the department on a 1-800 line.
- Respond to written requests and complaints from donors by communicating directly with the donors whenever the response requires no specialized follow-up from other Development Department management or staff.
- Process credit card donations made by MSK donors by telephone.
- Create end-of-month and end-of-year reports for the Finance Department, including reports on new pledges and gifts.
- Review all Notified Party letters before mailing, confirming the funding for gifts supporting doctors, adding funding for tributes in obituaries, and confirming the accuracy and integrity of names and addresses.
- An Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a high-volume, non-profit service environment.
- A pleasant telephone demeanor, patient and friendly approach, and a can-do attitude are required.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and other standard desktop applications required.
- Must have the ability to work independently as part of a team.
- The ability to be accurate in interpreting and entering data is essential as is a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume processing environment required.
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity and differences in learning styles required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.