Sr. Project Manager – David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care
Job Posting Number: 15504
New York, NY
November 9, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Sr. Project Manager David H. Koch Center – Opening Late 2019!
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic Project Management Office (PMO) and partner with key interdisciplinary team leaders in planning for the David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care. This new facility will be a 23-story, 750,000-square-foot comprehensive center that will provide leading-edge cancer treatments. Are you ready to take the next set in advancing your career?
In this highly visible role you will:
- Partner with all key departments across MSK and drive assigned project portfolio(s) prioritization, resource allocation and delivery of project results.
- Lead one or more medium to large-sized projects with moderate to high complexity across various business units.
- Manage projects collectively valued $2 to $5 million plus in incremental revenue and/or cost savings targets.
- Direct, coordinate, implement, execute, control and completion of their assigned portfolio ensuring consistency with organizational strategy, commitments and goals.
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing projects to deliver strategic portfolio results; lead portfolio priorities and resource allocation, monitor progress and performance against the project plan; craft risk mitigation plans, and takes action to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project which may include facilitating alignment on the project charter.
- Determine project metrics, resource types/expertise to staff the project, prepare designs and work specifications; develop project action schedules, multi-year budgets and forecasts; and select materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors, as needed.
- Knowledgeable in both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management methodology.
- Consistently self-directed and a self-starter, leader and facilitator of group dynamics.
- Gather and analyze institution-wide and/or department-specific requirements and document business and system process flows.
- Comfortable to lead/manage others and lead the timely and successful completion of large scale and/or multiple projects.
- Develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization and skilled at consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA, MHA, MPA or other relevant graduate studies degree preferred.
- 7-10 years consulting and/or large scale project/program management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required or ability to achieve within six months of hire.
- Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting preferred.
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a broad communication tool kit that keeps people focused and brings out the best in others.
- Proven experience in strategic planning; risk management and change management.
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences.
- Exhibit diplomacy, perseverance, and flexibility.
- Familiarity with data warehouse querying and data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Cognos) preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.