Clinical Research Manager – Subspecialty Medicine Division, Department of Medicine
Job Posting Number: 26935
New York, NY
November 8, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Subspecialty Medicine Division in the Department of Medicine (DoM) at MSK are seeking a Clinical Research Manager (CRM). The CRM serves as an integral member of the research team and oversees the daily operations and activities of the various service research portfolios across the division.
This is an excellent leadership opportunity within our growing clinical research team.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staff Management: Supervise the training/development and performance management for direct and indirect reports across the division.
- Protocol Development: Assist PIs with drafting submission documents and collaborate with PAC throughout the submission process to ensure successful study opening.
- Financial Management: Works closely with the appropriate stakeholders, forecast trial resource needs, and assesses staffing resource needs for program and senior leadership to ensure appropriate line function allocations.
- Clinical Trial Reporting: Generate protocol portfolio status reports for key stakeholders. Implements solutions for streamlining and accelerating the monitoring and review of clinical trials to significantly increase accrual to clinical trials, data cleaning, data quality, and trial completion.
- Quality Assurance: participate in routine audits for data quality, regulatory compliance, patient safety issues related to clinical trial. Communicates and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- Database Management: Oversees data management aspects of institutional and department specific research databases.
- At Least 4 years of clinical research experience.
- At least 2 years of direct staff management.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, Human Subject Protection, clinical trial design, regulatory processes, and clinical development process required.
- Therapeutic and Oncology Research experience strongly preferred.
- Effective written/verbal communication and oral presentation skills required. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, decision-making and issue resolution skills are also required.\
- Working knowledge of various databases, RedCap, Medidata, CRDB, Access, etc.
- Familiarity with Non-therapeutic protocols, including Biospecimen, Retrospective and PRO studies.
- Familiarity with grant application process.
- Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.