Short Order Cook
Job Posting Number: 26504
New York, NY
November 1, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a hard-working, engaging and enthusiastic individual?
Are you excited to work in a hospital setting with patients alongside the Food & Nutrition team?
We are hiring a Cafeteria Associate to work at 1275 York Ave.
We want to bring on phenomenal talent who show a dedication to hospitality and above and beyond communication at all times. You will perform a variety of food service functions to ensure quality food and exemplary service to patients, staff, and visitors in the Main Cafeteria.
We are looking for someone who can maintain:
- Committed to productivity
- Motivated to provide superb customer service
- Willing to take action and eager to pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, known for making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Does this sound appealing to you?
- Sets up, maintains and breaks down workstation; including equipment, serving ware, utensils, supplies, and food items, so that station(s) are ready for meal service.
- May prepare or serve food & beverage to patrons, transact purchases utilizing cash register and/or perform cleaning duties following sanitation procedures.
- Skilled grill and short order experience
Do you have this background?
- HS Diploma/GED
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred i.e. food & beverage, restaurants, hotels or customer service field
- Ability to calculate basic math functions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry and push heavy equipment up to 30lbs to various locations
- Cash handling experience required
- Food Handler’s Certificate a plus
- Full-time, open availability required
- 37.5 hrs per week
- Days may vary
- Schedule includes am and pm shifts between the hours of 5/6 am – 9 pm
- Work 3 weekends per month and holidays
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.