Advanced Software Developer, CRIT
Job Posting Number: 26678
New York, NY
October 30, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and want to tackle meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things! This is an exciting role for someone who has the right skills to be part of a dynamic team and learn how to apply their skills to support our mission: the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
The Clinical Research Informatics & Technology (CRIT) team is responsible for supporting the technology and systems needs for our clinical research program at MSK. We are looking for a new team member to join us in a Software Developer role where you will use best-in-class technology to improve efficiency, improve quality and lead innovation within the program.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications.
- Write well-structured, well tested code and continuously ship new features.
- Plan, coordinate and provide estimates (e.g. time).
- Design technical specifications and user documentation for applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture.
- Match the scope and proportion of your specifications and designs to meet user needs.
- Consider and develop system contingency plans to maintain high system/application availability.
- Develop systems and/or processes that talk to other applications/databases to meet complex business requirements.
- Define test cases and prepare data / scripts for testing.
- Execute and coordinate systems, integration, and enterprise-wide test plans for assigned projects.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems as well as improvements and/or upgrades to current systems while ensuring smooth migration between deployment environments.
- Use your expertise to resolve production problems in a timely manner.
Contribute to MSK’s flagship electronic consenting platform: eConsent. This web-based platform takes paper-based consent documents and makes them available on any device (iPad, laptop, etc.) These consent documents can display video and image content to participants and confirm understanding by asking multiple choice questions throughout the consent process. Research participants and MSK staff members are able to provide their signatures directly on the device once the consenting process has been completed. A signed copy of the consent document is then electronically transmitted to various other systems for further processing.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills that you’ll use to relay technical information to various partners and clients
- Experience with SQL Server and relational databases
- Developed and/or maintained a production applications
- Extensive experience with source control systems such as TFS/Git, with an understanding of basic branching / merging strategies
- Worked with web services.
Nice to have:
- Worked with Agile methods such as Scrum.
- Experience with TDD and automated unit testing.
- Experience with modern development practices such as continuous integration / continuous delivery.
- Some basic knowledge of PHP.
- Experience with clinical research processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.