Clinical Nurse- IV Team
Job Posting Number: 26474
New York, NY
October 25, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse- IV Team
About This Role:
Are you looking to join a nursing team who provides the highest quality care to patients of all ages? Do you have an interest in IVs and phlebotomy? The IV Team is currently looking for a clinical nurse, who thrives in IVs and patient care.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care solutions.
- Deliver nursing care to patients requiring venipuncture and vascular access
- Direct phlebotomy staff and give consultation to nursing & medical staff regarding vascular access issues
- BSN Degree Required
- Current NYS RN license/registration
Minimum of 2 years of recent RN clinical experience including proficiency in IV and venipuncture required. PICC line and acute care experience is highly desirable.
6pm – 6:30am with weekend rotation required
Please Note: This opportunity is not open to New Graduate Nurses
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.