Manager, Environmental Svcs, David H. Koch Center
Job Posting Number: 26352
New York, NY
October 31, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSk is seeking a Manager of Environmental Services based at our newly contructed David H. Koch Center to manage the administrative, operational and technical activities of the Environmental Services Department in order to maintain the cleanliness of a high-volume outpatient facility and ensure efficiency and quality service. Service is at the heart of everything we do at MSK and we pride ourselves on the fact that each of our employees delivers first-class service to our patients. The Environmental Services team plays a significant role in providing exceptional service by ensuring a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Building effective teams where team members apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Monitor and forecast department operations to ensure service needs are met, recommending changes in staffing levels and schedules.
- Ensure that all work is completed within specified time frames and to the defined service level.
- Anticipate the impact of special/emergency requests on daily workload and implementing new plan as needed.
- Manage employee activities including hiring, training, corrective action, and performance evaluations.
- Orient and train new supervisors utilizing department objectives, policies and procedures; ensure supervisor is introduced to each of their team members.
- Identify and mediate conflicts with Environmental Services supervisory staff to ensure resolution.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience, Masters degree preferred.
- 7 years of management experience required.
- 3 years environmental services experience required.
- Work week is 37.5 hours.
- Monday-Friday 9a-5p with occasional flexibility required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.