Financial Analytics Specialist
Job Posting Number: 26242
New York, NY
January 8, 2019
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are looking for a Financial Analytics Specialist to join our amazing team at MSK. Under general supervision, The Financial Analytics Specialist performs analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation for enterprise wide development projects and data delivery solutions including IBM Cognos, TM1, and SPSS. They will also monitor for institutional data integrity and provide decision support for the Center.
- Analyze data for a collection of related elements and their relationships, and how it can be applied to data delivery solutions.
- Develop and support continuous financial controls monitoring using SPSS algorithms, flagging exceptions and predictive modeling for anomalies.
- Following specifications, prepare reports, procedures and processes to meet requested information needs.
- Design reporting solutions, tables or databases for collections of related elements and their relationships.
- Create and execute unit/system test plans when delivering data and implementing new systems.
- Craft and maintain specifications and documentation relevant to all data delivery and development projects. Create database documentation of data content and relationships.
- Participate in implementation of new systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems to ensure smooth migration from development to production environment. Implement scheduled processes to support institutional data requirements.
- Monitor system for data integrity, ensure appropriate data access, and provide training and support for users. Ensure the reliability of scheduled reports and online reporting systems. Coordinate user’s requests for and obtains authorizations for data access. Support users in query and report writing.
- Create and modify project documentation.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Development experience in SPSS Modeler and associated tools required. TM1 and Cognos skillset preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 2-4 years Information Systems experience required
- 4-7 years Financial related experience with focus on continuous controls monitoring and analysis
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.