Administrative Assistant, Koch Center for Cancer Care
Job Posting Number: 26236
New York, NY
October 15, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Scheduled to open in 2019, The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care, between 73rd and 74th Streets, in Manhattan, will provide a dynamic outpatient setting for leading-edge cancer treatments. The 23-story, 750,000-square-foot building is the latest example of MSK’s creative approaches to redesigning the way cancer care is delivered. It will allow MSK to achieve greater efficiencies while enhancing the patient experience. The facility will have about 1,600 employees and treat approximately 1,300 patients daily.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Director of Nursing for the David H. Koch center. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that is passionate about Memorial Sloan Kettering’s mission and supporting our leadership during this exciting time of growth and innovation.
- Detail-oriented in your approach; demonstrated in your work, correspondence and written communication
- A professional who is comfortable working closely with senior faculty and staff
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Manage the Director’s calendar and schedule meetings; Answer and triage calls
- Manage data and create documents; oversee the flow of visitors/staff and activities throughout the administrative suite.
- Compile departmental data and statistics and prepare analytical reports and spreadsheets to ensure accuracy and allowing Administrators and Managers to make recommendations regarding department operations based on the analysis of the information.
- Arrange for appropriate meeting space and set up based on meeting requirements, knowledge of accommodations, and structure of rooms to provide viable setup or alternatives; discusses audiovisual equipment needed with the requester, and Conference Planning and orders as necessary.
- Proofread all documents before submission; ensures proper use of terminology, spelling, grammar, and consistency of information; uses appropriate reference materials to verify accuracy where written material is unclear; contacts appropriate staff member directly for clarification.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive documents and information as per department and institution guidelines
- Order supplies; oversee maintenance needs
- You will work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 2 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume office
- Must be able to work independently under general supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills #LI-POST
In order to be considered for an Administrative role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.