Patient Service Representative, Radiation Oncology
Job Posting Number: 26199
New York, NY
October 10, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Service Representative in the Radiation Oncology Department works as part of practice staff team of Patient Assistants to ensure that each physician practice session is well prepared, well organized and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction. Serves as a liaison between the patient, family and clinical team during the office visit.
Job responsibilities include:
- Checks patients in upon their arrival to the clinic, and prepares them for their visit.
- Checks-out patients at the end of their visits. Schedules patient appointments efficiently on an ongoing basis.
- Completes/ reviews all necessary paperwork, forms and follows-up on pending issues at the close of clinic.
- Monitors clinic schedules and revises as necessary to facilitate smooth patient flow.
- Monitors patient flow and whereabouts to contribute to efficiency and fluidity of clinic visit.
- Maintains clean, well organized, and visually pleasant administrative, patient care, and waiting areas throughout the day.
Monday-Friday; Hours range from 6:30am-9:00pm. Shift will be determined upon hire.
- Minimum of High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients outpatients in stressful situations #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.