Clinical Pharmacist Coordinator
Job Posting Number: 26159
New York, NY
October 10, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Our Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join our Pharmacy team. This role will support Ambulatory Pharmacy services to include conventional and investigational chemotherapy /biologic therapy, Omnicell support, retail as well as supportive care for the wide range of therapeutic modalities offered at the site.
- Able to problem solve operational, personnel, and patient issues
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and work well with others; able to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Able to make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Someone who has excellent communication skills and who supports the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Someone who is able to follow through on commitments and who acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Able to build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations
- Review medication orders and provide pharmacy services for walk-in clinic patients
- Be responsible for all aspects of chemotherapy order verification, order entry, mixing and checking
- Work closely with Pharmacy Manager to maintain adequate staffing on a daily basis
- Be involved in implementing new pharmacy technology and projects
- Coordinate investigational protocols and support clinical staff
- Assist with training new pharmacy staff; training and education of staff on new technologies, drug info, Omnicell usage etc
- PharmD (or equivalent) required and valid NY Pharmacy license
- 5+ years experience working as a Pharmacist. Chemotherapy Pharmacy practice experience preferred
- Omnicell and Retail experience also preferred
M-F 7a-7p Rotating hours; Hours may change depending on clinic needs
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.