Guest Services Liaison
Job Posting Number: 26097
New York, NY
October 9, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Passionate about customer service and providing the best experience for all patients
- Emotionally intelligent
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong communicator in both oral and written communications
- A fast responder capable of innovative thinking to solve problems and deliver results
- Someone with attention to detail and the ability to identify and implement process improvements
- A team player
- Act as a welcoming resource for all visitors to the Center.
- Enhance the patient and caregiver experience through efforts directed at decreasing emotional suffering, addressing personal needs, concerns and mitigating patient flow issues.
- Follow direction of clinical team and collaborate with various center departments to address patient needs.
- Uphold a positive, professional appearance and convey a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Welcome and orient patient and caregivers to the main campus, 1275 York Avenue address.
- Increase patient satisfaction by providing an avenue to express concerns and use a variety of methods to encourage patients to voice their concerns; probes for underlying issues and concerns.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and professional judgment skills under limited direct supervision.
- Provide answers to patient inquiries on a timely basis by coordinating with other team members to ensure efficiency and courteous customer service.
- Act as a welcoming resource for all visitors to the department by giving clear direction, referrals, and information regarding hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, operational, and safe environment and alert supervisor when conditions (e.g., systems, supplies, equipment) have the potential to have a negative impact on patient safety.
- High School Diploma / GED (Required)
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum experience needed: 2 years
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
Flexible hours beteween 7:00am – 8:00pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.