Administrative Assistant, Department of Medicine Chairman
Job Posting Number: 26101
New York, NY
October 8, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The largest of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s clinical departments, our Department of Medicine, encompasses experts in medical oncology, cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, infectious diseases, geriatrics, nephrology, supportive care, and pulmonology, among other specialties. Offering a range of services both in New York City and at our suburban outpatient locations, Department of Medicine physicians oversee the care of the whole patient. The department is comprised of nearly 400 faculty members in three divisions including Hematologic Malignancies, Solid Tumor Oncology and Subspecialty Medicine.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the office of the Chairman of the Department of Medicine. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual committed to providing outstanding administrative support to our clinical leadership and the department as a whole.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions and problem-solving that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Provide administrative support to the Chairman, Department of Medicine and assist the Assistant to the Chairman and Manager, Office of the Chairman in support of the department as necessary.
- Perform various clerical duties and administrative duties, including but not limited to physician calendar management, organizing travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements, grand rounds logistics, P30 grant management, meeting minutes to contribute to the smooth operations of the department.
- Perform your duties with discretion and confidentiality when appropriate.
- Prepare/produce documents including memos, announcements, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls; cross-cover other lines as assigned.
- Successfully communicate and coordinate with multiple divisions, departments and individuals to advance departmental initiatives.
- Assist and participates in departmental projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus one year of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Grants and contracts experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail, the ability to work independently and organizational skills. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.