Informed Consent/Protocol Editor – Clinical Research
Job Posting Number: 26053
New York, NY
November 6, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Informed Consent/Protocol Editor for our growing Clinical Research Team.
- Be responsible for editing informed consent documents, protocols, and standard text to ensure compliance with MSK IRB requirements and with regulatory standards for MSK clinical research protocols.
- Ensure that the scientific language of the consent form is easily understood by research participants.
- Ensure that documents are written/edited in compliance with the standards established by the Protocol Activation Unit, the MSK IRB, and industry sponsors to reduce the need for modifications based on content, complexity, and reading level.
- Help develop standard text libraries for consent documents, and assist with the development of master consent templates for industry partners, to ensure effective and timely execution of protocol activation.
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least 5 years of experience in medical writing/editing or in clinical research; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry and/or consumer health publishing very helpful.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, with at least a basic understanding of the regulations relevant to the protection of human research participants, including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills: the ability to develop timely, effective, and responsive communications with the staff of the Protocol Activation Unit, as well as with industry partners, research staff, and clinical investigators.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely and effective manner.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and English grammar and syntax; knowledge of Health Literacy principles and guidelines a plus.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Outstanding collaborative and team-building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Flexibility at attend occasional meetings outside these hours)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.