Administrative Assistant, Nassau
Job Posting Number: 25718
October 1, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Opening in mid-2019, MSK Uniondale, Nassau County, NY will offer the same expert cancer care patients expect from Memorial Sloan Kettering, just closer to home. Patients will be able to receive much of their treatment — including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiation treatment. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Adaptable to your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperament
- Perform various clerical duties and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Answering and triaging calls; managing multiple calendars and scheduling meetings; managing data and creating documents; overseeing flow of visitors/staff and activities throughout the administrative suite.
- Manage complex calendars for departmental leaders.
- Arrange for appropriate meeting space and set up based on meeting requirements, knowledge of accommodations, and structure of rooms to provide viable setup or alternatives; discusses audiovisual equipment needed with the requester, and Conference Planning and orders as necessary.
- Proofread all documents before submission to Administrators; ensures proper use of terminology, spelling, grammar, and consistency of information; uses appropriate reference materials to verify accuracy where written material is unclear; contacts appropriate staff member directly for clarification.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive documents and information as per department and institution guidelines
- Order supplies; oversee maintenance needs
- You will work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize/multi-task, work independently and handle stressful situations and deadlines.
- Operating autonomously, with discretion, in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.