Radiation Therapist – Bergen County
Job Posting Number: 18834
September 27, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Radiation Therapist for our regional site, MSK Bergen County in Montvale, NJ.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Department of Radiation Oncology is dedicated to providing superior care to our patients while leading innovations in clinical, translational, and laboratory-based research. Our experts helped pioneer techniques such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy and are world leaders in their subspecialties, including brachytherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and palliative approaches. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate team player to join the Bergen County team.
- Administer radiation oncology treatments according to the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription under a minimum of supervision.
- Keep accurate daily records of treatments administered.
- Teach students technical procedures during their clinical rotations under the supervision of the Chief Therapist.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a staff radiation therapist strongly preferred.
- Graduate of an A.M.A. approved 2-year training program in radiation therapy technology or its equivalent is required.
- A.R.R.T. registered or eligible for registration in radiation therapy technology with requirement to become registered in 8 months OR 2 exam sittings.
- Current New Jersey State license is required.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30 AM – 5:30 PM, rotational schedule
- Some flexibility with hours is required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.