Strategic Initiatives Manager II
Job Posting Number: 25874
New York, NY
September 24, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you resilient and passionate about innovation?
We are seeking an experienced project manager (Strategic Initiatives Manager) to support the work of our Design & Innovation team at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our purpose is to transform how cancer care is delivered at MSK through the design of human-centered spaces, services, communications, systems and strategies. The project manager is an advocate and coordinator, bridging together internal clients and organizational strategy across the project life-cycle with a strong emphasis on implementation.
You will work closely with organizational leadership, internal clients (e.g. operations, nursing, physicians, information technology), designers, and strategists to initiate, manage and drive innovation focused initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience working within and leading interdisciplinary teams
- Understands or has a strong interest in human centered design or design thinking
- Has worked in large organizations and/or cross functional-matrixed teams
- Knows how to confidently and credibly share their point of view while developing trusting relationships
- Has a high level of attention to detail, process and organization
- Has enthusiasm, patience and a positive attitude
- Has an intrinsic curiosity for how to make things better
- Eager to collaborate and work in teams, but feels equally comfortable with independent work
- Skilled in managing client relationships
- Manage day-to-day project activities for complex initiatives with multi-disciplinary teams and across stakeholders
- Lead development and implementation of initiatives
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships for implementation work, initiatives, and design projects
- Demonstrate solution oriented thinking in management of complex issues
- Balance between business and creative goals from inception through tail end of supporting implementation
- Run multiple projects concurrently
- Outstanding written, visual and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree 3+ years related experience
- Experience with change management
- An understanding of US healthcare system is a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.