Ultrasound Technologist – MSK Nassau
Job Posting Number: 24962
October 11, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK Nassau, scheduled to open in 2019, will be a freestanding outpatient facility, located in Uniondale, NY. This site will allow us to offer the most-advanced cancer care services closer to home for patients residing in Nassau & Queens, NY counties.
We are seeking an Ultrasound Technologist to join our new team at MSK Nassau.
- Committed to high levels of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Willing to take action and eager to tackle new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Able to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and/or provide guidance to other less experienced staff; may function as a lead worker and/or head project teams (advanced practitioner).
- Under the administrative direction of the Radiology Manager and also under the clinical mentorship of the Radiologist, performs a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures while applying his/her technical ability independently.
- Interact and collaborate in a positive way with all other staff members at MSKCC.
- High school diploma/ Bachelor’s preferred. Graduated from an approved Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) School of Ultrasound is required.
- ARDMS registered in Abdomen, Breast and RVT required; Prostate imaging experience is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- 8 hours flexed between 7am to 6pm, Monday – Friday. In the future, operational hours may be extended to include weeknights to 8pm, and Saturdays).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.