Academic Recruitment Coordinator
Job Posting Number: 24419
New York, NY
August 8, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Physician-in-Chief (PIC) is seeking an Academic Recruitment Coordinator to join our team and to work closely with the Manager of Academic Recruitment. In this role, you will provide professional and polished executive-level support to Academic candidates.
In this role, you will:
- Exercise independent discernment and initiative in prioritizing, scheduling, and organizing appointments, meetings, and conferences.
- Handle confidential data and use discretion with internal and external candidates.
- Communicate promptly with Academic candidates throughout their journey of interviewing at MSK.
- Coordinate meeting schedules and logistics, as well as capture and prepare necessary supporting documents and materials;
- Arrange rooms, equipment, catering as needed
- Support the arrangement of domestic and international travel
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Confident multi-tasking and working in a dynamic setting
- This position requires integrity, good judgment, discretion and ability to anticipate changes in an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, including supporting a senior-level executive
- Proficiency with various software packages to manipulate and run data for the office, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet Research
- Superior proficiency with drafting/editing/proofreading documents
- The ability to be dedicated, work independently and use good judgment
- Analytical skills and able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.