Job Posting Number: 22864
New York, NY
August 3, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking a Radiology Aide to help support the imaging services of a very busy Radiology department.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- You drive results and push yourself and help others achieve them.
- You manage ambiguity well. You can deal constructively with problems what do not have clear solutions or outcomes
- You ensure accountability and you act with a clear sense of ownership
- You make good and timely decision that keep the organization moving forward.
- You build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- You communicate in a way that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- You build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- As the Radiology Aide, you will work under the administrative direction of the Radiology Manager, performing a variety of tasks related to patient care, inventory control and clerical duties. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors and assists patients during their visit to the Radiology Department for diagnostic procedures.
- Monitors shelf levels of supplies to maintain par levels in all assigned areas; Identifies depleted and out dated items; properly stores and restocks as needed.
- Maintains safety as per department guidelines and contributes to upkeep of department. Ensures that all areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner that is consistent with the standards of the Facility and Institution.
- Transports patients to and from the MRI department.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Able to stand for a long period of time, to walk, bend and push various items.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 Lbs.
- Some basic computer knowledge
Nice to Have:
- Related or relevant health care or customer experience a plus.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.