Sr. Systems Analyst, Precision Care Delivery
Job Posting Number: 24259
New York, NY
August 2, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to join the Precision Care Delivery group in the Division of Health Informatics (DHI). DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exceptional patient care delivered at MSK. We handle a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management. Additionally, we bring these tools to bear to support important programs of care at MSK.
Within the Division, the Precision Care Delivery group identifies methods to utilize information technology to back new models of care that MSK is implementing and assures that the oncology care we give is tailored to patients’ individual needs. We work with clinical, administrative, operational and strategic leadership at MSK to find opportunities to increase the safety, effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the care we deliver. We identify ways to use emerging technologies — for example, patient facing technology, communications technology, analytics and electronic health records — to advance the organization’s goals, improve care and increase patient and clinician satisfactions.
In this role, you will help to advance informatics activities that are a part of innovative care delivery projects that will open up the boundaries on how information systems can be used to advance oncology care. Specifically,
- Participate with physician, nursing, operational and administrative partner groups as new projects are formulated. You will document the business and clinical goals of such projects and help to craft a high-level plan for how information technology will be used to help realize project goals. This will include analyses of existing information technologies as well as consideration of new potential technologies
- Work with front-line clinical, operational and support staff to identify, at a detailed level, the capabilities that the information systems will need to deliver to make the project a success
- Work with information technology staff to translate the functional requirements that have been created into technical requirements that will be the basis for technology development and implementation plans.
- Take responsibility for the technology-related aspects of the projects, including the technical road map, testing, implementation, training and evaluation to assure goals have been achieved. Leading the project will include running risks and issues as well as documenting requirements, plan and progress reports
- Work effectively with clinical and operational team members to address questions that arise during the course of the project about the best way to proceed.
- Via written reports and in-person presentations, provide regular updates on project status to clinical and operational partners.
- Do data manipulation in Excel to create basic project statistics, graphs and tables that provide evidence of the project’s impact
- Attracted by the idea of working in a health care environment and supporting the work of passionate clinicians who strive to deliver the best possible care
- Excited at the idea of working at a credible organization with a strong culture of excellence and innovation
- Organized and enjoy creating a plan and then working to implement that plan
- Motivated by having the opportunity to work on complex projects, to break down the complexity into manageable tasks and then to see each of those tasks through to completion
- Collaborative and enjoy working with people of dynamic strengths and finding a way for those teams to identify a common goal and work effectively towards achieving that goal
- Resilient and can deal with challenges and setbacks which are a natural part of working on complex projects in a complex environment
- Satisfied by seeing large complex projects through to completion
- An effective communicator, both in-person and in writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a Healthcare-related field (or equivalent experience); Master’s Degree preferred especially in Biomedical Informatics
- 2-4 years of experience working with clinical information systems in a multi-departmental healthcare environment
- 1 year experience in a managerial capacity, preferably performing clinical system implementations or supporting clinical systems users
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.