Project Manager, Precision Care Delivery
Job Posting Number: 24258
New York, NY
August 2, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Project Manager to join the Precision Care Delivery group in the Division of Health Informatics (DHI). DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exceptional patient care delivered at MSK. We manage a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management. Additionally, we bring these tools to bear to support important programs of care at MSK.
Within the Division, the Precision Care Delivery group identifies ways to use information technology to support new programs of care that MSK is implementing and assures that the oncology care that is delivered is tailored to patients’ individual needs. We work with clinical, administrative, operational and strategic leadership at MSK to identify opportunities to increase the safety, effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the care we deliver. We identify ways to leverage emerging technologies — for example, patient facing technology, communications technology, data analytics and electronic health records — to advance the organization’s goals, improve care and increase patient and clinician satisfaction.
As a Project Manager in the Precision Care Delivery group, you will help lead the informatics activities that are a part of innovative care delivery projects and that will push the envelope on how information systems can be used to advance oncology care. Specifically,
- Provide project management for Precision Care Delivery in the Department of Health Informatics. You will work with organizational leaders to identify project goals, timelines, resources, stakeholders and governance processes
- Lead all aspects of project initiation including refinement of scope, creation of project charters, leading kickoff meetings, outlining work plans and the sequence of activities, development of budgets and creation of workgroups
- Oversee all aspects of project activity including serving as the overall project leader and serving as an advocate and spokesperson for the project in various organizational settings
- Assure engagement of relevant clinical, operational and technical resources and that those teams are working well together to achieve project goals
- Track project progress
- Identify challenges to project success, identify risks and issues and help develop mitigation strategies
- Provide regular written and in-person reports to senior leadership on project progress and status
- Oversee all aspects of project closure, including documenting achievements and benefits realized and helping to transition project activities to operational status
- Coordinate the project’s activities with other projects and initiatives at MSKCC and the Division of Health Informatics
- Eager to help lead complex information systems projects in a large clinical organization
- Comfortable with the uncertainty that often accompanies large technology projects and are eager to help resolve that uncertainty
- Collaborative and excited by the opportunity to work with a diverse set of stakeholders – physicians, nurses, other clinicians, administrators, support staff, information technology teams, etc. – to advance innovative programs of care that are enabled by information technology
- Attracted by the idea of doing cutting edge information technology work at a world class clinical organization with a strong culture of excellence and innovation
- Well-organized and enjoy bringing discipline to complex processes
- A strong communicator and enjoy making oral and written presentations to explain goals and progress to a broad set of stakeholders including senior leaders and internal team members
- Someone who derives satisfaction from seeing the results of their efforts having an impact on the lives of patients and clinicians
- Motivated by understanding how your project relates to the organization’s overall goals and also eager to understand the details so that you can assure the project proceeds as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences or related degrees
- Master’s Degree Information Systems or related area
- 4-7 years of experience with system management and performing clinical system implementations or experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.