Data Analyst, QA
Job Posting Number: 24353
New York, NY
August 1, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Data Analyst for the Division of Quality and Safety. Reporting to the Quality Assessment Department’s Project Manager for Data Analysis with regular accountability to the Deputy Physician-in-Chief, the Data Analyst will work closely with physicians and administrative leaders to consolidate, analyze, and report data from a variety of sources and systems for quality assessment and performance improvement purposes. The position will facilitate integration and evaluation of data central to care redesign. The Data Analyst will collaborate with department quality leaders to define quality improvement opportunities; she/he will provide statistical, programming, and project support for a number of ongoing and future projects and serve as a departmental subject matter expert.
- Advanced degree in an inference-driven field, such as biostatistics, applied mathematics, or economics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to develop creative solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to share ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to develop effective relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to develop SQL code as needed to extract and manipulate data from clinical, hospital-based, ambulatory, and claims-based databases.
- Ability analyze and visualize cancer care data with tools like R, SAS, MS Reporting Services, Pandas, or Tableau
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to identify, measure, and address opportunities for quality improvement.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records systems
- Familiarity with common medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, SNOMED, CPT, LOINC)
- Familiarity with national clinical quality initiatives and performance improvement measures
- Experience writing and presenting reports of statistical findings for publication or conference proceedings.
- Knowledge of a production programming language (e.g., C#, C++, Java)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.