Senior Annual Giving Officer
Job Posting Number: 24185
New York, NY
December 5, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Annual Giving Department is seeking a Senior Annual Giving Officer (AGO) to join their growing team. The Senior Annual Giving Officer manages a portfolio of donors, proactively soliciting gifts primarily in the range of $1,000 to $25,000. He/She is responsible for working with the team’s mass outreach program, assisting with some strategy as well as managing one or more members of the team. He/she is also responsible for completing assignments and projects under the direction of the Associate Director of Annual Giving.
The Senior Annual Giving Officer is responsible for:
- Proactive Cultivation & Portfolio Strategy – Proactively solicit current Annual Giving prospects with a goal of increasing giving. This includes proactively contacting prospects to further engage their interest, representing/participating in MSKCC at external events designed to raise funds, and outright solicitation of gifts to increase overall revenue from assigned group of donors. Additional focus will be spent qualifying prospects for migration to Major Gifts, Planned Gifts or other areas.
- Stewardship & Mass Contact Activities – Work with the Annual Giving team to qualify, steward, and renew donors en masse. Help with overall strategy for this population and meet contact goals that include phone and email outreach.
- Management – Manage one or more members of the team, serving as a mentor and ensuring quality of work.
- Special Projects – Other duties as assigned by the Director or Associate Director of Annual Giving.
- At least 4 years of fundraising experience (including non-development employment, education, internships, volunteer roles, etc).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluency in MS Office
- Superior communication skills, efficiency while multi-tasking and excellent planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of/interest in healthcare or science is preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.