Senior Administrative Assistant, Josie Robertson Surgery Center
Job Posting Number: 24064
New York, NY
July 17, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Provide administrative support to the Directors and assist the leadership team members as necessary.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences as requested. Manage complex calendars of department leader and department staff, using independent judgment based on knowledge of priorities and resources
- Arrange for appropriate meeting space and set up given meeting/seminar requirements (e.g., food ordering, technology devices, etc). Use knowledge of accommodations and structure of rooms to provide
- Prepare/produce documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls; cross-cover other lines as assigned.
- Assist and participate in divisional projects.
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support managers and director by providing administrative support to the clinical team.
- Manage the acquisition and distribution of office supplies for department.
- Assist with department division projects of moderate complexity. These projects require independent judgment and critical thinking as well as solid organization skills. Projects typically take an extended time to complete. Projects may include conducting research, summarizing data, analyzing budget items, etc.
- Cross-cover Admin Assistant lines as needed.
- Operate autonomously, with discretion, in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Assist in the onboarding, appointment and orientation of Physician Assistants
- Oversee the appointment and re-appointment of 30+ Physician Assistants annually
- Update various licensure and certificates for 30+ Physician Assistants
- Coordinate and collect timesheets and use Payroll system
- Use internal software like Coupa, COGNOS, EZ Biller, Instamed, etc)
- Bachelors degree preferred plus 2-4 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail and organizational skills. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.