Job Posting Number: 23605
New York, NY
July 12, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking an Application Specialist to join our Research and Technology Management Division (RTM). RTM supports the administrative, compliance and financial functions of the MSK research enterprise. As a member of the Research and Technology Management Information Technology (RTM IT) Team, you will assist with development, implementation and support of new and existing applications and/or databases. You will be an integral part of the RTM reporting and analytics initiative. In addition, you will implement interfaces and integrate applications and/or databases with other institutional and departmental systems.
You will also:
- Develop (analyze requirements, design code, document and test) VBA – Access, MS-SQL server stored procedures and Web based applications using C#, NET.
- Read and understand code written by others and troubleshot bugs or implement enhancements
- Working with business owners and RTM IT resources, create detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Provide expert technical and data analysis skills with a complete understanding of Electronic Research Administration(ERA) technical and data issues with full expert knowledge of all RTM internal and external data sources.
- Work independently providing technical guidance related to the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Manage and resolve complex technical issues
- Maintain user accounts and security in RTM applications and ensure security of departmental data with a thorough understanding of IT security best practices and MSKCC policy.
- Liaison with Central IT department to resolve hardware issues, security issues and other application issues.
- Support nightly jobs and processes ensuring that failed jobs are analyzed and corrected for data integrity.
- Perform SQL server DBA functions and work with central IT DBA to resolve issues.
- Undergraduate degree and 7-10 years in system development
- Experience with financial accounting and HR Systems, a commercial or home-grown grants and contract application strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will have in depth knowledge of Research Administration including pre and post award, intellectual property and research compliance.
- VBA – Access, MS-SQL server stored procedures and Web based applications using C#, NET.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.