Administrative Assistant, Patient Access Service
Job Posting Number: 23739
New York, NY
July 11, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Come join the Patient Access Service (PAS), a vital centralized service for patient access to clinical care and research, where patients and caregivers are given expert guidance. Work in a collaborative team with highly knowledgeable oncologic nurses and administrative staff. Gain experience and learn more about cancer and individual specialties of our doctors. Help us in this strategic service with assisting and supporting patients and family members in their time of need.
Administrative Assistant to Kelly Turner, Director of Patient Access
- Detail-oriented in your approach: demonstrated in your work, correspondence and written communication.
- A professional who is comfortable working closely with leadership and staff
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adapt at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Work directly with the Director and schedule meetings as assigned. Assist with special projects as directed.
- Conference Planning: Arrange appropriate meeting space and set up given meeting requirements (ex. Food ordering, technology) Send invitations to the department and invited guests
- Assist with the scheduling of interviews and on-boarding of all new hires to the Patient Access Service
- Prepare/produce accurate documents including memos, minutes, agendas and presentations as required.
- Be the primary greeter for patients, external vendors and/or others who are visiting Patient Access
- Process management payroll with timeliness and accuracy
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support the administrative team providing support/cross coverage as needed
- Work: Monday-Friday; 9:00am-5:00pm
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask in a high volume office
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In order to be considered for an Administrative role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.