Post Processing Technologist – Radiology Department
Job Posting Number: 22906
New York, NY
July 11, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In collaboration with the Director of Radiology Informatics, clinical and research Faculty, and clinical and research staff, the Post Processing Technologist is responsible for performing radiographic image post-processing, supporting imaging research, and providing radiology-related publicity and educational services for clients both within and outside the institution.
- Require utilization of advanced visualization tools for enhancement, reconstruction, and analysis, both qualitative and quantitative, of all forms of medical imaging data.
- Be responsible for the coordination of imaging requirements in support of clinical research protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience in cross-sectional imaging, including training.
- Job history demonstrating ability to work and communicate effectively with physicians, technologists, and researchers.
- Master’s degree or Radiologist Assistant preferred with experience in modality, practice, and research management.
- Previous experience in multi-modality image post-processing utilizing workstations and thin-client technologies, including TeraRecon, GE Advantage workstation, Osirix, and other advanced-visualization tools.
- Experience in 3D and/or quantitative image post processing.
- Experience with working in a PACS digital imaging environment and basic knowledge of DICOM.
- ARMRIT Certification or ARRT Certification with Advanced ARRT registration in CT, PET, and/or MRI required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.