GME Coordinator, Department of Surgery
Job Posting Number: 23860
New York, NY
July 10, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Department of Surgery is looking to recruit a GME Coordinator that will assist in all aspects of the Residency Rotator Program and Surgery Fellowships. This is an exciting role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented and results-driven environment.
- Answer questions from prospective applicants, review applications and recommend candidates to interview based on a checklist and match requirements.
- Onboard new joiners, e.g., with respect to orientation, housing, MSK systems, paperwork, trainee manual, training programs.
- Communicate with internal departments and external groups, e.g., other hospitals in connection with rotating/joint programs.
- Coordinate semi-annual and annual review processes, including evaluation collection and milestones reporting.
- Coordinate/arrange interviews with the candidates and faculty.
- Responsible for event planning logistics.
- Collect information on funding sources for trainee salaries.
- Administer accreditation processes by collating documents, submitting timely information, monitoring overall progress and compliance.
- Manage database of paperwork/documentation to provide information to program leadership to develop action items.
- Navigate systems needed to manage programs including iCIMS, Workday, New Innovations, ACGME, ERAS and more.
- Prepare materials for site visits and serve as a key representative of MSKCC.
- Collect information and advises trainees on visa and licensure requirements.
- Coordinate program meetings and writing/distributing minutes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
- Familiarity with hospital/health care environment and/or graduate education.
- Familiarity with software tools, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email/Calendars; ability to quickly learn software systems used for GME purposes.
- Experience with organizational/multi-tasking and administrative tasks, e.g., scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports, organizing information, maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience working in a team environment and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.