Peri-Operative Scheduling Supervisor*
Job Posting Number: 23676
New York, NY
July 10, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong communicator in both oral and written communications.
- Able to problem solve and deliver results.
- Someone with attention to detail and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- A motivated leader.
- Evaluate and maintain the operating room/endoscopy schedules and ensure scheduling staff adhere to the guidelines.
- Respond to and resolve problems/concerns related to scheduling that are raised by nursing and members of the peri-operative team.
- Work collaboratively with Nursing and Anesthesia to obtain clinical information related to patient needs, as well as staff resource and equipment needs.
- Participate in case scheduling and ensure that scheduling conflicts are addressed timely.
- Provide service in education regarding scheduling practices to staff as needed.
- Supervise and direct the scheduling office staff.
- Monitor daily activities of staff, ensuring job duties are completed accurately, thoroughly, and within specified time frames.
- Provide ongoing individual feedback to staff and assist the manager in developing and implementing performance improvement plans as required.
- Implement orientation program, assist with interviews, and evaluate staff performance.
- Effectively communicate all necessary information to staff and implement progressive discipline as required.
- Ensure workflows are consistent in the support of an efficient scheduling process.
- High School Diploma / GED (Required)
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum experience needed: 2-4 years
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Leadership/Supervisory experience required.
- 10:00am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.