Systems Analyst, Nursing Informatics
Job Posting Number: 23510
New York, NY
July 9, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Systems Analyst, Nursing Informatics
As a Systems Analyst, in addition to supporting the ongoing operation and implementation of clinical systems used by the department of nursing:
* Collaborate with clinical/operational/technical teams, under the direction of the technical project manager to stablish goals and standards for all assigned systems
* Apply insights and a variety of analytical techniques to conceive process improvements and develop effective solutions to operational/technical issues
* Be responsible for database management and system security
* Provide analysis functions to assist in the development and implementation of new systems, the revision of existing systems and to support special projects
* Participate in the preparation and design of utilization, productivity, and other ad hoc reports to meet internal and external reporting needs
* Train current nursing system users and support systems implementations as directed
* Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
* Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
* Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
* Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
* An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
* Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
* Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
* Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer science and/or Information Systems (or equivalent experience)
* 2-4 years experience supporting clinical systems implementations
* Experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
* Experience in developing and using test plans
* Training in SQL and other databases and reprting tools
* Tableau or other comparable BI tools a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.