Plant Operator (Basking Ridge, NJ)
Job Posting Number: 23535
Basking Ridge, NJ
June 22, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Plant Operator who will be responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing MSKCC Outpatient Facilities building and physical plant machinery/equipment in accordance with required engineering practice.
- Inspect and test all building and plant machinery, equipment and systems to ensure the safe and efficient operation.
- Operate, repair, replace, maintain, and install all parts of physical plant machinery and equipment.
- Responds to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensures proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Ensure secure and safe conditions for employees and visitors and provides services to protect MSKCC buildings, assets, and premises.
- Take necessary precautions to comply with institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements and infection control standards.
- Customer Focused
- Action Oriented
- Able to manage complexity
You will need:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Computer literacy requiring proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal or no supervision.
- 4pm-midnight Monday- Friday.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.