Environmental Service Aide (Day, Evening, & Overnight Shifts)
Job Posting Number: 23423
New York, NY
June 19, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Environmental Service Department at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is very important to patient care and the organization as a whole. We value the work completed by our Environmental Service Aides to provide a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff.
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service
- A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to accomplish goals and live up to commitments
- An effective communicator, able to identifying how to reach different audiences and communicate based on that understanding
- Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Work to maintain a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff
- Follow the Seven Step Cleaning guidelines outlined in the Environmental Services Aide (ESA) Manual
- Follow hospital procedures and safety guidelines as outlined in the (ESA) Manual including, but not limited to:
- Removal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen
- Completion of small moves
- Proper mixture, storage and use of chemicals
- Usage of cardboard bailer and trash compactor
- Attend department and hospital meetings as scheduled
- Complete additional projects or tasks as assigned by management
- High School Diploma OR GED (preferred)
- Ability to use floor cleaning equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend and push items
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge
In order to be considered for the position, you will be required to pass an online Assessment.
During the application process for this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment, which will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Some of the questions in the assessment may refer to your past jobs or work experiences. If a question does not appear to apply to you exactly, consider the general intent and answer it as accurately as possible. For example, if you have not yet been formally employed in a full time job, consider part-time jobs you have had, or relevant work experiences you may have had in school, volunteer, or community organizations when answering these questions.
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.