Senior Process Improvement Engineer – Ambulatory Care
Job Posting Number: 22626
New York, NY
June 13, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of the Operational Excellence Program (Op-Ex) at MSK is to partner with key stakeholders across the organization to identify projects and initiatives that consistently deliver the ideal end-to-end, experience to every patient and family through a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement. The Senior Process Improvement Engineer – Ambulatory Care, is a member of MSK’s Op-Ex team and is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating operational process design for the outpatient divisions at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Are you ready to join our innovative Op-Ex Team?
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Serve as a change agent for MSK’s Operational Excellence program, providing leaders, teams, and departments with the most current process improvement and design methods and tools in order to transform the model of oncology ambulatory care delivery.
- Support performance improvement activities that align with the strategic direction of Ambulatory Care based on the analysis of current operations, anticipated needs and innovative approaches to the care delivery model.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Operations and multiple workstreams within the organization to ensure the highest quality of patient services, maintains cost effective resource allocation, efficient and responsive flow of patients, information and materials, facilitating lean and high reliable processes.
- Facilitate projects and kaizen events; management and observation of process data to find opportunities for improvement; messaging trends in the data to leadership, departments and staff; and education and coaching of managers and front-line staff.
- Coach facilitator of teams and/or directly facilitate teams that will identify, design and implement solutions using sound engineering principles, including Six Sigma and Lean methodology, that will result in one or more of the following: high-quality process design; improved patient access; increased efficiency and productivity; improved patient safety & reliability; reduced cost; improved employee safety; and greater overall system capacity & capability.
- Mentor and coach, in consultation with the Director of Continuous Improvement and Process Engineering and senior leadership, the entry level process improvement engineers and relevant organizational managers and staff.
- Collaborate with project managers and change leadership staff to deliver results and implement the organization’s Op-Ex program.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with at least 3 years of experience in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Healthcare Management, Nursing, PA, Pharmacy, or other healthcare-related field with significant Lean/Six Sigma training and experience.
- Lean Bronze or Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, or equivalent experience, required. Experience with design and innovation projects is a plus.
- Strong data analysis experience – Strong proficiency with Minitab or similar statistical software and with Tableau; familiarity with healthcare databases like Vizient.
- Strong process mapping and visualization – Microsoft Visio, Value stream mapping software, such as eVSM or QI Macros, Enterprise architecture software with process/VSM mapping and simulation capabilities, such as CaseWise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication- Strong proficiency in basic Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Influence and networking – Ability to network, persuade and influence, engage stakeholders, build strong teams, positive internal customer focus.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.