Kimmel Center Representative
Job Posting Number: 22522
New York, NY
June 12, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Kimmel Center Representative assist patients, families and visitors entering or exiting MSKCC while projecting a positive image of the Center by demonstrating a courteous, caring, and professional manner. They also works as part of the Kimmel lobby team (doorman, concierge, and messenger) to provide the safe and timely delivery of laboratory specimens, prescription drugs, supplies, prescriptions, and related paperwork to and from various academic and clinical areas, at the Sidney Kimmel Outpatient Pavilion. The Kimmel Rep will monitor and control the flow of medical supplies, medical equipment, office supplies, and linen at the Sidney Kimmel Center, coordinate ordering and delivery of all General Stores supplies and oversee delivery of items from outside vendors.
- Transport of Materials: Responsible for the safe and timely delivery of blood, pathology/cytology specimens, radiology films, prescriptions, prescription medications, and patient materials within the Kimmel Center and Main Campus destinations.
- Collection and Distribution of Mail: Participates in the collection and distribution of mail and next day packages to staff at the Kimmel Center. Packages/mail will be logged into the Vuetura system
- Patient and Visitor Entry/Exit Assistance: Provides assistance to patients and visitors entering and exiting MSK buildings. Assists patients with checking in to their Patient Financial Department appointments and monitors assigned entranceway and responds to inquiries for advice and assistance. Monitors the Sidney Kimmel Center Guest Services lobby phone and respond to inquiries or concerns in a courteous manner.
- Supply and Distribution: Perform all of the following duties in a professional manner which reflects the serious and sensitive nature of the Kimmel Center mission, and conveys the high quality of services which the patient can expect; orders are placed into the Sciquest ordering platform
- Minimum Education: High school diploma/GED
- Strong communication, teamwork & customer service skills required
- Ability to express oneself clearly; good vocabulary and command of the English language.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism with close attention to detail while managing heavy workloads in a fast paced, busy outpatient setting.
- Physical ability to assist patients in and out of wheelchairs, stretchers, and taxicabs (requires bending, lifting, pushing) in addition to providing frequent transport of specimens to multiple destinations in all weather conditions.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday- Friday – hours vary between 5 AM – 8 PM * Must have flexibility within this timeframe and adapt to changing work hours covering day, evening, or night shifts, as necessary
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.