Director New Markets
Job Posting Number: 23128
New York, NY
June 11, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Director, New Markets will be responsible for defining the strategy and evolution of the MSK Direct program, as well as managing the existing program, which launched in 2016 and currently has over 25 partners. She/he will lead activities ranging from defining new models for MSK Direct partnership to managing relationships and engagement activities with existing MSK Direct partners and leading a team that works directly with our partners.
- Lead the identification, negotiation, launch and management of new partnerships and business models to increase the value of MSK Direct to our partners, patients and MSK, as well as to attract new partners
- Lead the identification and development of new services to bring new value to our partners, patients and MSK
- Cultivate relationships with existing partners as well as relevant decision makers within prospect organizations
- Collaborate closely with all partners to drive awareness and engagement of MSK programs
- Establish, maintain and deliver metrics and reporting for program optimization/evolution and partner reporting to senior leaders internally and externally
- Manage a team of client management and business development professionals
- Knowledgeable about business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance the organization’s goals.
- A cultivator of innovation who creates and fosters new ways for the organization to be successful.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles in order to get work done.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Skilled at painting a compelling picture of MSK’s strategy and vision that motivates others to action.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in business development, partnerships, strategy and innovation
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem
- Independent strategic thinking and business acumen with an emphasis on analytics and strategy to support opportunity identification and evaluation, negotiations, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to manage and navigate through complexity and ambiguity
- Urgency and relentless energy to improve and innovate
- Track record of developing successful partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners, including at the executive level. This includes excellent verbal and written presentation and influence skills
- Track record of direct leadership, successfully attracting and motivating a team through uncharted territory
- Master’s degree in a related field (MBA, MHA, MS, MPH) is strongly preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.