Job Posting Number: 22929
New York, NY
June 8, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) plays a critical role in the development and submission of research funding proposals, the management of institutional and external research funds, and the fiscal management of clinical trials at MSK. ORPA is currently seeking an ORPA Specialist to provide high-quality administrative and operational support for activities within all 5 business units of the department.
- A planner and an organizer with a keen attention to detail
- A great communicator
- A professional with a positive and enthusiastic attitude, who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperaments
- Perform accurate data entry of key information in several systems, including grant proposals, funding awards, and clinical trial agreements.
- Monitor and route high importance emails from the central ORPA email inbox to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Review a variety of paperwork and route for approval, including travel authorizations, check requests, and Subaward PO requisitions for all of SKI.
- Prepare regular weekly or monthly informational reports for distribution within ORPA
- Generate time-sensitive reminders to be sent to Principal Investigators for grant-related deadlines.
- Provide seamless coverage for the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President.
- Participate in various departmental and organizational projects.
- Assist with various clerical duties to contribute to the smooth operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in a hospital or academic research lab preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.