Research Project Coordinator – Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC)
Job Posting Number: 22735
New York, NY
August 15, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) is hiring a Research Project Coordinator (RPC). As an integral member of the research team and in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, the Research Project Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Clinical Operations team for multi-center clinical trial activities from concept to close-out. Dedication to accuracy, high attention-to-detail, and ability to work independently are critical competencies for the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an engaging and growing clinical research team.
- Manage complex multi-institutional clinical trials across a diverse research portfolio.
- Assist in crafting clinical trials including concept development, correlative and translational design, protocol and informed consent drafting, safety and regulatory document drafting, etc.
- Communicate effectively and establish strong working relationships with a diverse matrix of clinical trial sites, investigators, pharmaceutical & biotechnology partners, and other important partners.
- Synthesize complex clinical, regulatory, and other clinical trial information into actionable plans.
- Provide necessary documentation in compliance with existing standard operating procedures, regulatory guidelines, etc.
- Assist in maintaining necessary clinical trial conduct documentation (includes Project Management Plans, Safety Management Plans, Monitoring Plans, Meeting Minutes, etc.).
- Communicate and work effectively with all partners of the PCCTC – Clinical Operations, Informatics, Business Management, Budgets & Contracts, Editorial, etc.
- At least 3 years of relevant (clinical research) experience (2 year with Masters), or as determined by hiring manager.
- Or a minimum of a High School Diploma with at least 3 – 4 years MSKCC clinical research experience.
- A Masters degree is preferred.
- Shown ability to lead clinical research projects with strict deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations, Good Clinical Practice, and Human Subjects Protection.
- Knowledge of clinical trial regulatory & execution, and safety management is essential.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong computing skills including proficiency in MS Office products.
- Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to tackle problems by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Experience working with prostate cancer clinical trials is a plus.
More information about the PCCTC:
The Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) was initiated in 2005 by the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) and the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP) in response to critically unmet needs in prostate cancer clinical research identified by physician investigators and patient advocates. Established as an independent entity in 2014, the PCCTC, LLC is now the nation’s best-in-class multicenter Clinical Research Organization (CRO) specializing in ground breaking prostate cancer research. The PCCTC works together with distinguished investigators on a single mission: to design, implement and complete hypothesis-driven early phase trials in prostate cancer, translating scientific discoveries to improved standards of care. To fulfill its mission, the PCCTC developed a rare infrastructure, which has nurtured a culture of clear project co-development between investigators, research sites and industry partners.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.