Institutional Review Board/Privacy Board (IRB/PB) Analyst
Job Posting Number: 22400
New York, NY
May 16, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Human Research Protection Program here at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking an Institutional Review Board/Privacy Board (IRB/PB) Analyst to support our two Institutional Review Boards/Privacy Boards that are responsible for protecting the rights and welfare of human research participants in accordance with the federal regulations and internal standard operating procedures.
IRB/PB reviews all human subjects research at MSK and its regional and affiliated sites and monitors ongoing research. The IRB/PB Office is service based and provides continuing education and guidance to investigators and research staff.
- Manage the daily pre-review and processing of IRB/PB submissions, maintaining data and files on all human subjects research overseen by the IRB/PB in the Protocol Information Management system (PIMS).
- Serve as a liaison to investigators and research staff for human subjects protections and regulatory compliance providing guidance and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide IRB/PB meeting oversight including agenda compilation, preparation of protocol documents, providing meeting updates and actions, writes protocol review letters.
- Work with other institutional review committees (i.e., Research Council, IND Committee, Genomic Advisory Panel (GAP), etc.) to ensure all necessary approvals are obtained before IRB/PB review and approval.
- A Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred) and 2 years of relevant experience in clinical research and compliance.
- Be able to work between the hours of 9AM-5PM with flexibility around morning IRB/PB meetings and office coverage needs.
- Knowledge of State and Federal HHS regulations regarding human subjects protection (45 CFR 46), the HIPAA Privacy Rule (45CFR 160,164), the FDA (21 CFR 50, 21 CFR 56).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.