Animal Care Technician, Associate
Job Posting Number: 21807
New York, NY
May 14, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) provides staff and facilities to effect the humane care and use of animals used in research and teaching at MSKCC. It’s goal is to provide the highest-quality care to the animals in their charge in order to enhance the research conducted using animal models at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our Animal Care Technician provide direct animal care and maintenance of animal caging equipment.
- Process unclean caging and equipment in preparation for sanitization
- Assemble caging for use by other Animal Care Technicians
- Operate and maintain automated cage wash equipment and sterilizers
- Prepare acidified water bottles using an automated bottle filler and proportioner
- Receive, transport, process, store and label animal feed and bedding
- Disassemble, wash, and reassemble ventilated Thoren units
- A High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience
- Ability to lift and carry 55 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and platforms
- Must understand the basics of animal health and disease, the procedures required to clean/sterilize caging, and is familiar with the use and operation of equipment required for laboratory animal housing and care.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.